Sea Monkey Composer
A WYSIWYG html editor for editing static pages on the SSRI/PRI websites.
- You will need a unix account and permission to write in the appropriate area. [You may want to create a symbolic link in your unix home directory to the webspace. Do not hesitate to ask us for assistance on this.]
- Login to the staff applications server riga.pop.psu.edu using a Remote Desktop Connection. [If you are unfamiliar with Remote Desktop, refer to instructions on the Remote Desktop Connection Handout , substituting riga.pop.psu.edu for moscow.pop.psu.edu in that Remote Desktop Connection Handout.]
- The first time you login, you will want to map your unix home directory in order to access the webpage files on the unix network from riga.
- You will need to use Sea Monkey software to edit the pages, launch it from the Start menu.
- In the lower left-hand corner of the Sea Monkey browser window you will see a 'pen & paper' icon
- Click the icon and a new Composer window will open.
- Use File-->Open File... and navigate to the location of the webpage you want to edit in the drive that is mapped to your unix home directory. (Do NOT use Open--> web location)
- When you are finished editing close Sea Monkey.
- Complete your session on riga.pop.psu.edu by going to: Start>Log Off. Do NOT select disconnect and do NOT just click the X on the session window. Unless you Log Off, your session will remain active.